Orthopædic apparatus. A series of illustrated plates, with corresponding descriptions of the various forms of mechanism
employed in the treatment and cure of the numerous deformities of the human body.
Ernst, Friedrich Gustav.
London : Sprague & Co., 1883.
Description : xv p., 1-58 p., [36 l.] pl., vii p.-index ; ill.: 136 & 17 phot. figs. ; 22 cm.
Photographs : 36 (collotype) "ink-photo" plates.
Subject : Surgical appliances — Orthopedics ; amputation, deformity.
- Author caption: By F. Gustav Ernst, inventor and manufacturer of Orthopædic and Anatomical Mechanism.
- Publisher caption: Printed and illustrated by Sprague & Co., Proprietors of the "Ink-Photo." Process, 22, Martins Lane, Cannon street, E.C.
- Plates reprinted in a companion edition, 1889.
- Part 2 title: "The portable Gymnasium and description of the various exercises connected with it."
- Part 2 illustrated by five plates with 17 phot. figs.
- Fig. 27 shows an "improved" Sayre suspension apparatus (cf. Sayre: »»).
- Index Medicus: 11002121090, 20501051160.
©All rights reserved.