Pistol-shot wound of the left ear—attempt to commit suicide—ball found impacted in the petrous portion of the
temporal bone—ligation of the common carotid artery on account of secondary hemorrhage—recovery.
Grove, John H., 1825-1901.
Journal : Photographic review of medicine & surgery ; vol. 2., no. 6.
Philadelphia : J. B. Lippincott & Co., 1871-72.
Description : pp. 50-53,  pl. ; ill.: 1 photo. ; 24 cm.
Photograph : mounted albumen.
Subject : Carotic artery — Ligature.
- Author caption: "BY J. H. GROVE, M D., One of the Surgeons to St. Mary's Hospital."
- Medical degree, University of Pennsylvania, 1849.
- Brigade Surgeon, United States Volunteers, 1861-65.
- Breveted, Lieutenant Colonel.
- Medical Director, St. Agnes's Hospital.
- Medical Director, St Mary's Hospital.
- Operating surgeon: J. J. O'Neill.
- Index Medicus: 10106011030.
©All rights reserved.