Rome : Tipografia Geovanni Polizzi e Cie., 1874.
Description : -72 p., [2 l.] pl. ; ill.: 5 phot., tbls. ; 31.5 cm.
Photograph : 4 albumens on two boards, front and back & 1 albumen on back cover ; views of wards and grounds & 2 arch. plats.
Subject : Hospitals — Reports ; San Giacomo, Rome.
The three large format albumens show two interior views and one view of the grounds of the hospital, with patients attended by staff, nurses, and physicians. There are also two smaller photographs of architectural drawings for a proposed isolation and hydrotherapy ward. Alternatively known as San Giacomo degli Incurabili, the hospital was built in 1349 by the Colonna family, in operation for 680 years until it was decommissioned in 1980.