On the treatment of cleft palates in infants, and on the cure of clefts of the hard
and soft palates by operation under chloroform.
Smith, Sir Thomas, first baronet, 1833–1909.
London : Smith, Elder & Co., 1882.
Journal : Saint Bartholomew's Hospital Reports ; vol. vii.
Description : 153–181 p., [1 l.] pl. ; ill.: 1 phot. ; 23cm.
Photograph : heliotype on printed leaf, image of surgical instruments.
Subject : Palate — Orofacial clefts ; surgical treatment & instruments.
- Author caption: By Thomas Smith.
- Apprenticed to Sir James Paget, 1847.
- M.R.C.S., 1854.
- F.R.C.S., 1858.
- Prosector, Saint Bartholomew's Hospital, 1859.
- Assistant Surgeon, Saint Bartholomew's Hospital, 1864.
- Surgeon, Saint Bartholomew's Hospital, 1873.
- Editor, Saint Bartholomew's Hospital Reports, 1874.
- Surgeon, Children's Hospital, 1868-1883.
- Vice-president, Royal College of Surgeons of England, 1887, 1890.
- Surgeon-extraordinary to Queen Victoria, 1895.
- Honorary Serjeant-surgeon to King Edward VII, 1901.
- Photo caption: Plate IV. This heliotype shews a modified gag
with its key: the needle for silver sutures, needles for horsehair or silk,
and the suture catcher. The needle with a suture in it should have been singly
and not doubly threaded.
- Index Medicus: 11003691610
©All rights reserved.