Myxœdema and its nervous symptoms.
Savage, George Henry, 1842-1921.
Journal : Journal of Mental Science ; n.s., vol. xxv.
London : J. and A. Churchill, 1880.
Description : 517–519 p., [1 l.] pl. ; ill.: 2 phots. ; 25 cm.
Photographs : artotypes, oval portraits of 2 patients, on printed leaf.
Subject : Thyroid — Myxoedema.
- Author caption: By Geo. H. Savage, M.D., Lond .
- Medical degree, Guy's Hospital, London, 1867.
- Assistant Medical Officer, Bethlem Royal Hospital, London, 1872.
- Chief Medical Officer, Bethlem Royal Hospital, 1879-88.
- MRCP, 1878.
- Cofounder, Journal of Mental Science, 1878.
- FRCP, 1885.
- President, Medico-Psychological Association, 1886.
- First President, Section of Psychiatry, Royal Society of Medicine.
- Lumleian Lecturer, 1907.
- Photo caption: Cases of Myxaedema [sic].
- Photographic subjects : patients of Dr. William Miller Ord, St. Thomas's Hospital.
- Index Medicus: 10906081170.
The two photographs were provided by Dr. William Miller Ord (1834-1902), whose name is eponymous with the idiopathic form
of thyroiditis. Ord introduced the term, "myxoedema," to describe the symptoms of severely advanced hypothyroidism (GM-3825).
©All rights reserved.