Memoir of Sir John Forbes, Kt., M.D., D.C.L., F.R.S., etc. (For private circulation).
Reprinted, by permission, from the January number, 1862, of the British and foreign medico-chirurgical review.
Parkes, Edmund Alexander, 1819-1876.
London : Savill & Edwards, 1862.
Description : bt, frontis., tp, [v]-vi, -70 p. ; ill.: 1 phot. ; 22 cm.
Photograph : mounted portrait.
Photographer : Maull & Polyblank.
Subject : Medical biography — Sir John Forbes (1787-1861).
- Author caption: na ("Dr. Parkes most kindly undertook to write the best article he could..etc.").
- Member, college of surgeons, 1840.
- Assistant surgeon, 84th regiment, 1842-1845.
- Medical degree, University College London, 1846.
- Special Professor, clinical medicine, University College, 1849.
- Cofounder, first chair of hygiene, Army Medical School, Chatham, 1860.
- Foundational author of works on the science of modern and military hygiene.
- GM-1614: A manual of practical hygiene. London, John Churchill, 1864.
- Index Medicus: 21206131170.
©All rights reserved.