Studies in physiology and medicine.
Graves, Robert James, 1796-1853 ;
[edited by] Stokes, William, (1804-1878).
London : John Churchill & sons, 1863.
Description : [1 l.] pl., xxxiii p., 428 p. ; ill.: 1 phot. ; 22 cm.
Photograph : mounted sepia albumen of a marble bust of Graves, sculpted by John Hogan (1800–1858).
Subject : Physiology.
- Author caption: By the late Robert James Graves, F.R.S.; Professor of the institutes of medicine in the school of
physic in Ireland.
- Medical degree, Dublin, 1818.
- Founder (with Stokes), Irish school of medicine.
- Regius professor of the Institute of Medicine in Trinity College
- Cofounder, editor, Dublin Journal of Medical Science, 1832.
- Eponym: Graves disease, 1835 (GM-3815).
- System of clinical medicine, 1843 (GM-2218).
- President, Royal College of Physicians of Ireland, 1843, 1844.
- Fellow, Royal Society of London, 1849.
- Author caption: Edited by William Stokes ; Regius professor of physic in the University of Dublin.
- Medical training, Meath Hospital, Dublin.
- Medical degree, Edinburgh, 1825.
- Treatise on disease of the chest, 1837 (GM-2213).
- His thesis introduced Laennec system of stethoscopy to Ireland (GM-2674).
- Stokes-Adams syndrome, 1846 (GM-2756).
- Cheyne-Stokes breathing, 1854 (Gm-2760).
- Fellow, Royal Society of London, 1861.
- Index Medicus: 10505581100, 10808481040.
©All rights reserved.