A memoir of John Maclean, M.D., the first professor of chemistry in the College of New Jersey.
Maclean, John, Jr., 1800-1886.
Princeton : Printed at the "Press" Office, 1876.
Description : frontis., -64 p. ; ill.: 2 phots. ; 19.5 cm.
Photographs : albumens, contact prints, mounted on inside covers ; reproductions of a silhouette of Dr. Maclean, and his bookplate.
Subject : Medical biography — John Maclean, M.D., M.F.P.S., 1771-1814.
- Author caption: By his son, John Maclean, the tenth president of the college.
- Second edition: Princeton Press, 1885.
- Regular edition w/o the photographs.
- Inscribed by author to Mrs. Anna M. Hale.
- Recounts the eristic arguments between Dr. Maclean and Joseph Priestley over phlogiston.
- Index Medicus: 21000291270, 21000291290.
©All rights reserved.