Medicine of the future.
Flint, Austin, Sr., 1812–1886.
New York : D. Appleton and Co., 1886.
Description : frontis., -37 p. ; ill.: 1 phot. ; 21 cm.
Photograph : 1 vignetted portrait, collotype.
Photographer : Benjamin Jake Falk (1852-1925).
Subject : Medicine — Practice.
- Author caption: By Austin Flint (Senior) M. D., LL. D.
- Medical degree, Harvard Medical School, 1833.
- Professor, institutes and practices of medicine, Rush Medical College, Chicago, 1845.
- Founder, Buffalo Medical Journal.
- Cofounder, Buffalo Medical College, 1847.
- Professor, theory and practice of medicine, University of Louisville, Ky., 1852-1856.
- Chair of pathology and clinical medicine, Buffalo.
- Professor, clinical medicine, School of Medicine, New Orleans, 1858-1861.
- Professor, pathology and practical medicine, Long Island College Hospital, 1861-1868.
- Visiting physician, Bellevue Hospital, 1861-1886.
- President, New York Academy of Medicine, 1872-1885.
- President, American Medical Association, 1884.
- Professor, principles and practice of medicine, Bellevue Hospital Medical College, 1886.
- Subtitle: An address prepared for the annual meeting of the British Medical Association in 1886.
- Published posthumously.
- Eponym: Flint's murmur–mitral heart murmur.
- Eponym: Flint's arcade–arteriovenous arch, base of the renal pyramid.
- Eponym: Flint's law–elevation of pitch, with diminution of resonance, resulting from pulmonary consolidation.
- Photo caption: facsimile signature.
- Photo caption: From a photo by "Falk." N. Y.
- Cordasco 80-2042.
- Index Medicus: 10808851510, 20508611320.
©All rights reserved.