Making of both lids to the left eye from contiguous skin. A keloid growth of twenty-seven years, involving the entire
lower lid and two-thirds of the upper lid, including the skin of the left side of the nose. Growth removed and
deformity corrected by a blepharo-plastic operation, manufacturing the two lids from contiguous skin surfaces.
Chisolm, Julian John, 1830-1903.
Journal : Transactions of the Medical and Chirurgical Faculty of the State of Maryland.
Baltimore : np [William K. Boyle], 1873.
Offprint description : 9 p., [1 l.] pl. ; ill.: 1 phot., ; 24 cm.
Photograph : (unverified).
Subject : Eyelid — Blepharoplasty.
- Medical degree: Medical College of the State of South Carolina (MCSSC), 1850.
- Postgraduate studies, Paris.
- Cofounder, Charleston Preparatory Medical School, 1857.
- Professor, surgery, MCSSC, 1858.
- Studies in military medicine, Milan, 1859-60.
- Military surgeon, Confederate Army, Civil War.
- President, Medical Society of South Carolina, 1865-67.
- Dean, MCSSC, 1867.
- Dean, University of Maryland Medical School, 1868.
- Professor, eye and ear medicine, University of Maryland Medical School, 1873.
- Alter. title: Blepharoplasty; making lids to the left eye,
after the removal of a keloid growth [of twenty-seven years] which involved both lids.
- Two copies listed in Worldcat.
- Cordasco 70-0645.
- Index Medicus: 10209621040, 20304791250.
©All rights reserved.