Battey, Robert, 1828–1895.
Journal : Atlanta Medical and Surgical Journal ; vol. 12.
Atlanta : Dunlop, Wynne & Co., 1875.
Description : 154-155 p., [1 l.] pl. ; ill.: 1 phot. ; 23 cm.
Photograph : photograph mounted to printed leaf, representing a fetal monster.
Photographer : Bowdoin [of Atlanta].
Subject : Monsters — Thoracopagus twins.
- Author caption: Dr. Battey exhibited...etc.
- Medical degree, University of Pennsylvania, 1857.
- Professor, obstetrics, Atlanta Medical College, 1873.
- GM-6062: Battey's operation. Ovariotomy of healthy ovaries to cure uterine fibroids and other conditions.
- GM-6071: R. Lawson Tait's claim against Battey, for priority in removal of normal ovaries.
- Photo caption: Double Monster. From Bartow county, Georgia, exhibited to the Atlanta Academy of Medicine, April 27th.
by Robert Battey, M.D.–See Proceedings of the Academy.
- Index Medicus: 10903971380.
©All rights reserved.