Report of clinical cases treated in the surgical wards of the Royal Infirmary during
the session 1858-9,
under the care of James Spence, Esq., F.R.S.E.
Spence, James (1812-1882).
Edinburgh : Murray and Gibb.
Description : -28 p.,  pl. ; ill., 1 stereo. ; 20 cm.
Photograph : stub mounted stereoview card, albumen.
Photographer : André Orange.
Subject : Mandible — Osteosarcoma.
- Offprint : "Reprinted from the Edinburgh Medical Journal, November 1859."
- Oval blind stamp on the stereoview : A. ORANGE PHOTOGRAPHER EDINBURGH.
- Plate size : 174 x 83 mm.
- André Orange was born in France circa 1810.
- Spence was appointed Regius professor of surgery at Edinburgh in 1863.
- The processus lateralis mammae is referred to as "the tail of Spence."
- Spence was nicknamed "Dismal Jimmy" by his students.
©All rights reserved.