The homœopathic family guide, for the use of twenty-eight principal remedies in the
treatment of the more simple forms of disease /
Together with directions for the treatment of dengue and yellow fever, by W. H. Holcombe.
Shipman, George Elias, 1820-1893.
Holcombe, William Henry, 1825-1893.
Chicago : The Western news company, 1878.
Description :  l., [i]-xvi, -311 p. ; ill.: 1 photo. ; 19.2 cm.
Photographs : 1 mounted albumen, frontis. portrait of Shipman.
Photographer : E. L. Brand & Co. (captioned).
Subject : Homœopathy.
- Eighth edition (enlarged and copyrighted in 1873).
- Shipman established the Chicago Foundlings' Home in 1871.
- Copyright and profits donated to the Chicago Foundlings' Home.
- Shipman was founder and editor of the Northwestern Journal of Homoeopathy.
- Shipman became editor of the U. S. Medical and Surgical Journal,1865.
- Holcombe led the Yellow Fever Commission in 1878.
- Holcombe was president of American Institute of Homeopathy in 1876.
- Cordasco 70-3295.
- Index Medicus: 30906021010.
PREFACE TO EIGHTH EDITION.
The plates for this work, and all the copies not sold, having been destroyed in the fire
in October, 1871, it has been for some time out of print. In yielding to the demand
for another edition considerable additions have been made, and the whole work has been
carefully revised and corrected. A chapter on the Management of Infants has also been
• • •
©All rights reserved.