Contributions to physiology and pathology/
Lister, Joseph, Baron, 1827-1912.
London : Taylor & Francis, 1859.
Journal : Philosophical Transactions, vol. 148, Part 2 (1858).
Description : [offprint] pp. 607-702,  l. ; ill., diag., 2 lith., 3 photo. ; 30 cm.
Photographs : extra-illustrated with portraits (c1865) — 2 salt prints, 1 albumen .
Subject : Physiology — Inflammation.
- Provenance of Haskell Norman (Norman 1363).
- Sold at Christies on Oct. 29, 1998 ; Freud-8976, lot 1168.
- Inscription: "To Robert H. Ramsay with the author's kindest regards."
- Ramsay was a close friend and served as Lister's house surgeon.
- Bound with "On the Minute Structure of Involuntary Muscle Fibre" ;
Trans. Roy. Soc. Edin. ; Edinburgh: 1857.
- GM 2298 for "On the early stages of inflammation," pp. 645-702.
- Index Medicus: 10801691350.
Lister always believed... that these three papers on inflammation were his most
important work, eclipsing even his introduction of antiseptic techniques into
surgical practice — Norman.
©All rights reserved.