On a case of aneurismal varix in which the femoral artery was ligatured.
Fitzgerald, Sir Thomas Naghton (1838-1908).
Journal : The Australian medical journal, vol. 23.
Melbourne : Stillwell & Co., 1878.
Description : 247-255 p., [1 l.] pl. ; ill.: 1 photo. ; 29 cm.
Photograph : mounted albumen of a specimen.
Subject : Femoral Artery — Ligature ; Patella — Complications.
- Author caption: By T. N. Fitzgerald, Honorary Surgeon to the Melbourne Hospital.
- Medical training, Mercer's Hospital, Dublin.
- Qualified L.R.C.S., 1857.
- House surgeon, locum tenans, Melbourne Hospital, 1858.
- Full surgeon, Melbourne Hospital, 1860.
- F.R.C.S., Ireland, 1884.
- President, Medical Society of Victoria, 1884, 1900.
- Lecturer, clinical surgery, Melbourne Medical School.
- President, Intercolonial Medical Congress, 1889.
- Knight Bachelor, 1897.
- Consulting surgeon, Boer war, 1900.
- Performed the first successful thyroidectomy in Australia.
- Index Medicus: 10106061410, 11005491040.
©All rights reserved.